May. 10, 2020
Rev Jay Olivo with ASL interpreter Dr Patti Stoudt
Text: 2 Kings 4:1-7
1. She sought the right source (vv. 1-2)
*1 Samuel 2:19
*1 Samuel 9:21
2. She followed the right advice (vv. 3-5)
*2 Kings 4:21
*2 Kings 4:33
3. She experienced the right outcome (vv. 6-7)
Discussion questions for groups, for family, and/or for individual introspection:
1.Why do you think that in desperate situations, people tend to turn to everything or everyone before turning to God (if they even turn to Him at all)?
2. Why is it hard to follow godly advice sometimes?
3. Can you share of a time when through someone’s advice God saw you through a difficult time?
4. Think of three special things that you can say about your mother and tell her in whatever way possible (if she is no longer here, tell them to God and thank Him for your mother)