May. 24, 2020
Is the Lord on your side?
Rev Jay Olivo with ASL interpreter Dr Patti Stoudt
- You will not be overtaken by the attack of the people (vv. 1-3)
- You will not be overtaken by the circumstances of life (vv. 4-5): Psalm 69:1-2, Isaiah 43:1b-3a
- You will not be overtaken by the traps [snares] of the Devil (vv. 6-8): Psalm 25:15, Matthew 16:23, Luke 10:19
Important closing verses: James 4:8a, John 14:6, Romans 10:13
Discussion questions for groups, for family, and/or for individual introspection:
1. Why does it usually happen, or at least sometimes, that when someone decides to seek God, he/she gets some kind of a negative feedback from people in general?
2. Can you differentiate between some negative circumstances that can be avoided and some that can’t?
3. How can we identify traps (snares) of the devil or simply weaknesses of the flesh which may come from mere negligence on our part?
4. Can you explain how we can daily keep ourselves from the traps/snares of the Devil; what are the steps to take?
5. Pray for each other