Apr. 05, 2020
Text: John 12:12-15; Philippians 2:6-7a
Also read from Matthew 2:1-2, Matthew 2:11
- He wasn’t born like a King (Luke 2:6-7)
- He didn’t live like a King (Matthew 8:20, Luke 9:58)
- He didn't die like a King (Mark 15:27, Mark 15:29)
Discussion questions for groups, for family, and/or for individual introspection:
- Why do you think it was absolutely necessary for Jesus to come not as a king, but as a servant?
- If Jesus lived in person amidst us today, how do you think He would be received, and why?
- If you were the one who determined how Jesus would die, what would you have done different?
- Of the three points mentioned (His birth, life, death), which one struck you the most and why?
- Pray for the message(s) of Jesus during this week and next to fall on God-prepared hearts?